Prisoner Transport/Extradition Agents
- No felony convictions
- Be able to assess and handle adverse situations that may arise when transporting detainees.
- Post-secondary education, training and/or experience is required.
- Successful completion of rigorous screening process.
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Have a satisfactory driving record (determined by our auto insurance carrier)
- Be eligible for a state certified firearms permit (not only conceal and carry),
- Pass a thorough criminal background check
A Prisoner Transport Agent performs conveyance services of detainees to and from state, federal, and county detention facilities, as well as behavioral health institutions. A transport agent may work in a team or on their own. Occasionally overnight and out of state work may be required. Work times vary, with the work day generally starting very early in the morning. Agents are expected to work a flexible schedule, with some long and short days. The current work week is a Monday through Friday schedule, however certain transports do require weekend travel due when a mandatory release date is set by a court.
Candidates must pass a state and federal criminal background investigation, submit to a psychological profile, pass a pre-employment drug screen, and successfully complete a State of Wisconsin certified firearms course. Due to our DOT status and insurance requirements, an excellent driving record is critical to the consideration of a candidate for employment. Propensity to be on time and work with a positive attitude are fundamental requirements to be a part of our team.
Upon completion of a probationary/training period, a generous benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and profit-sharing plan will be available.
We are always happy to receive resumes from all areas of Wisconsin, as we have transport agents located throughout the state.
Wisconsin Lock and Load is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to have a diversified workforce.
If this sounds like you, send your resume to email@example.com